BestCarFinder is a trading name of Alliance Asset Management Ltd who is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority
At BestCarFinder we take customer service seriously and recognise that we need to earn our customers loyalty by providing consistently high service levels and continuous process improvement. We welcome complaints and view them as an opportunity to learn, adapt and improve so as to provide a better service for our customers. We will take the time to listen to and understand our customer’s issues. Every effort will be made to resolve a complaint as quickly as possible and to the complete satisfaction of our clients.
This procedure explains how we will deal with any complaints. It also tells you what you can do if you think your complaint has not been resolved to your satisfaction.
If you have a complaint
If you have a complaint about any aspect of our service then we would like to hear from you. You can contact us by telephone or in writing and your complaint will be referred to our head of Customer Service in the shortest possible time.
To help us to investigate and resolve your concerns as quickly as possible, you should in the first instance contact the department with which you have been dealing. To help us resolve your problem you should provide the following information:
- your full name and contact information
- full details of your complaint
- your agreement details
- details of what you would like us to do to put things right
- photocopies of any relevant paperwork
We will then:
- Acknowledge the complaint in writing promptly
- Provide details of the Financial Ombudsman Service
- Make contact to ensure we understand your complaint fully
- Investigate your complaint fully
- Keep you informed of progress
- Discuss our findings
- Send you our final written response
We will try to resolve your complaint immediately; however, sometimes this may not be possible. In the unlikely event that we are not able to resolve your complaint by the end of the next business day, we will keep you informed of the progress of our investigations and provide our final response in writing within eight weeks; ensuring at all times due regards to the Financial Contact Authority’s direction :
- Deal with complaints promptly and fairly
- Give complainants clear replies and, where appropriate, fair redress
It maybe that your complaint can be settled to your satisfaction within 3 working days. These can be recorded and communicated differently.
Were we consider a complaint to be resolved to your satisfaction under this section, we will promptly send you a ‘Summary Resolution Communication’ , being a written communication from us which:
- Refers to the fact that you have made a complaint and informs you that we now consider the complaint to have been resolved to your satisfaction;
- Inform you that if you are subsequently dissatisfied with this resolution you may be able to refer the complaint back to us for further consideration or refer the complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service;
- Advise you whether or not we consent to waive the relevant time limits, (where we have discretion in such matters)
- Provide the website address of the Financial Ombudsman Service; and
- Refer to the availability of further information on the website of the Financial Ombudsman Service.
In addition to sending you a ‘Summary Resolution Communication’, we may also use other methods to communicate the following where:
- We feel that doing so may better meet your needs; or
- We have already been using another method to communicate about the complaint.
We will need to establish whether or not your complaint relates to the advice given, (the adviser) or the service or performance of the product (the provider). If unclear, this must not delay investigation and we will proceed with our own investigation. If required we may take the complaint to the provider in consultation with you.
It is our policy to treat all complainants the same, however eligible complainants are legally defined and have additional rights in law that we must acknowledge and adhere to. The Financial Contact Authority complaints rules apply to complaints that :
- Are made by or on behalf of eligible complainant
- Are relating to regulated activity
- Involving an allegation that the complainant has suffered or may suffer financial loss, material distress or material inconvenience.
We consider a complaint closed when we have made our final response to you. Our final response will offer a clear summary of the complaint and the investigation which has followed. If any compensation is offered, a clear method of calculation will be shown. If this is identified as an eligible complainant and a regulated activity we will provide details of the Financial Ombudsman Service. You may refer this matter to the ombudsman within six months of our final response letter or the right to use this service is lost. When we send you our final response, we will also provide you with a copy of the Financial Ombudsman Service's explanatory leaflet. We will also indicate whether or not we consent to waive the relevant time limits.
Should you refer your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman service we will co-operate fully in the resolution of any complaint made against us and agree to be bound by any awards made by the Ombudsman and agree to pay promptly any fees levied by the Ombudsman.
The Financial Ombudsman Service, Exchange Tower, London, E14 9SR. Tel: 0800 023 4567 (free from a fixed line) or 0300 123 9123 (cheaper for those calling from a mobile service) or 020 7964 0500 (if calling from abroad). Email firstname.lastname@example.org . Website www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk
If you have any questions in relation to our Complaints Handling Procedure, please contact Customer Services at BestCarFinder and we will be happy to assist you.