S Class Facelift
New Features on S-Class
New Steering Wheel
- New multi-function steering wheel with touch control
- Cruise control stalk replaced with functions on steering wheel
Hermes communications module
- S-Class (222) FL is the first Mercedes-Benz vehicle to come with the Hardware for Enhanced Remote Mobility & Emergency Services (HERMES) module
- This replaces the COM module used in previous S-Class variants
- The hardware offers the same technical capability as the current E-Class (213) hardware
Digital vehicle key in smartphone
- Introduced to S-Class (222) FL following introduction in the E-Class (213)
- Provides an additional option for locking/unlocking the vehicle and obtaining drive authorisation
- The smartphone and electronic key can be used independently of each other
Engine M176 Overview
8-cylinder V-engine with 90˚ cylinder bank angle
- Lightweight design
- Optimised control drive with integrated coolant pump
- 4-valve technology with camshaft adjustment
- Cycling shutoff with “Camtronic” to reduce consumption in partial-load range
- Aluminium crankcase with “Nanoslide” TWAS coating
- Spray-guided gasoline direct injection with piezo technology
- Twin turbocharging with chargers positioned in the “hot inside V”
- Compliance with EURO 6 emissions standard
New 48V on-board electrical system
- Provides four times the voltage compared to a 12V on-board electrical system.
- This provides four times the power at the same current.
- This will be available on S-Class FL with M256 engine and Integrated Starter Generator from September 2017 production.
- Detailed explanations will be available in WIS release 07/2017.
- No additional qualifications are necessary to carry out work on the 48V on-board electrical system because the system is not a High-Voltage system, as on the hybrid.
- In future Mercedes-Benz models, the 48V on-board electrical system will provide a modern and efficient electrical power supply to reduce fuel consumption.
- Owner’s manual found in the vehicle
- Service booklet contains information about Roadside Assistance and warranty services
- Digital operator’s manual is available in the “Vehicle” menu of the vehicle Head Unit
- “Mercedes-Benz Guide” app is available for iOS and Android smartphones
- Interactive Owner’s Manual is available on the Mercedes-Benz homepage